When you walk into Starbucks and you..
- I. Smell the coffee aroma (olfactory)..
- II. Read the order menu from about 20 feet away (optic) then you..
- III. Pupils constrict as you look at items, such as muffins, closer (oculomotor)..
- IV. You look up at salesperson then down at your money as you pay (trochlear)..
- V. You clench your teeth and touch your face when they called your drink (trigeminal)..
- VI. You look side-to-side to see if anyone else has ordered the same drink (abdsucens)..
- VII. You smile because you realize this IS your drink (facial), then..
- VIII. You hear someone say “You can sit here, we are leaving” (auditory). As you sit..
- IX. You taste the sweet whipped cream on the top of your drink (glossopharyngeal)..
- X. You say “Ahhhh this is good!” (vagus)..
- XI. You look at the person next to you because they heard you and then you shrug your shoulders (spinal accessory)..
- XII. When they look away you stick your tongue at them (hypoglossal)!
Wow this is the best way to remember all of it…Thank you whoever created this analogy